The Streets - Blinded by the Lights

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Scarface - The Sequel.

Today I got really wasted at work, and by really wasted I mean... extremely fucking wasted... and I had a revelation: Why, after 25 years, there is no Scarface 2? My brain pogo-sticked from one idea to another like a kangaroo on crack and I started thinking about the fact that Tony already became the kingpin of the town... what was he going to do next, team up with The Brain and try to take over the world? It was not until all of this useless thoughts that belong in the hypothalamus trash can alongside the dopamine residue consumed that I figured out the fact that Tony Montana dies at the end of the movie. "Hmm..." I said, "I guest this is why Scarface 2 was never in production."... but after a couple of seconds I started thinking "But what if it was? And what if it was so bad that it was never released?". What if Scarface 2 would have had one of the following storylines: 1) Tony Montana rises from the dead and starts to kill people in their dreams while kidnapping and murdering little children to bathe in their blood with the purpose of bringing Lucifer to Earth through a mirror. 2) Tony Montana was actually a robot sent from the future by a company that wanted to get the entire humankind high and he actually didn't die, he just got his exterior damaged... and by exterior I mean the thing that we call skin... which in his case was a mix of lemon juice and latex. The conclusion to all of this is that Scarface 2 was never released because nobody wants to see a middle age drug lord as a rotting undead with a cleaver or as a pile of nanotechnology with half of his face ripped off revealing a stainless steel skeleton with a blinking red eye.

No comments: